Woo Hoo! It is almost Friday. Hello three day weekend!
1) I was nominated by Emily over at Third in Hollywood for the Sunshine award! How fun! She has the cutest little blog and teaches 3rd grade.
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure to eat?
Omgoodness, I love licorice--the pull apart kind. I can't even buy them or I eat the whole package. whoops.
2. If you could go anywhere for one day, where would you go?
For the day? Probably NYC. I don't think I'd want to stay long so a day would be long enough for me there.
3. What is your unit to teach?
I love all things math. 3rd grade math! 5th grade math! You name it I love it! I hope I'm good at teaching second grade math next fall.
4. Why did you become a teacher?
I became a teacher after a ASB trip though Mizzou with Teach for America. I visited inner city schools in Philadelphia, PA and fell in love!
Check out my story HERE
5. If you could do anything other than teaching, what would it be?
Stay at home mom, no seriously. I never wanted to work my whole life. I came from a stay at home mom household and they are the best. I'd also would like to work at Nordstrom, except the closer one is 130 miles away from my house. I wish I could be a makeup artist too.. hummmm
6. If you had one hour of free time, what would you do?
I enjoy spending time outside with the dogs and my little piggy, hanging in the yard!
7. What is the worst part about teaching?
crazy parents and kids that are sneaky and lice
8. What is your favorite part about summer?
Sleeping in, long days, cold drinks
9. Do you have a nickname?
Growing up I was called No-Duh, Froggy, Monkey and now it has turned into Cokey or Miss Jeans
10. What do you eat for lunch while you're at school teaching?
sometimes school lunch and sometimes I bring leftovers, sandwiches, salads.. really whatever.
2) I have to have to have to finish my THESIS this weekend. Did I mention I have to? I'm so behind. I'm so over grad school. I'm a better teacher than student, I promise!!
3) We finished 4 days of MAP testing this week and I am WORN OUT. I showed a movie this afternoon. I seriously couldn't make my kids do anymore work. They tested for two solid hours this morning. The torture!!
4) I'm obsessed with my new bracelets from Southern Stones (Link in Tuesday's Post)
I ended up ordering two more today. Obviously I have a shopping problem.
5. I just almost fell asleep in my Data Team meeting. It was miserable. Sorry It's Thursday of Easter weekend.
and now that I missed crossfit because I just sat at an IEP meeting and data meeting. I'm going to go home and snuggle this little 12 week old gentleman. Best thing about dating a professional retriever trainer is all the puppies. Also we will have more puppies in 63 days if anyone is interested:)